Saturday, August 6, 2011

Bad blogger

It has been too long since I last posted. Sorry about that! I've been lazy, and a little busy, lol. Things continue to go crazy well here. I know you want a full update so I am going to work this week on getting caught up (with pics!). But for now...

Today we walked for Abigail. I can't express how much I love having the baby steps 5k memorial walk. It feels good to DO something to actively remember her. We are so blessed with good friends who will get up early with us on a Saturday morning to walk or run in this heat. Thank you.

Homeschool starts back the week after next for us. I can't wait. Yes-a little terrified by the thought of teaching 8th, 3rd, 1st, 2 preschoolers, and a 1 year old-but I am just so thankful that I will have them home and we can learn together. And the chaos of summer will settle down into the routine of the school year. It is nice to break, but good to get back to work.

The kids are thriving. I never imagined they could so smoothly transition into our home. No, it isn't always easy or perfect, but it is good. They are learning English so fast, learning boundaries, how to be big siblings and little siblings, how to swim, how to play with toys, and most importantly how love works. They are learning empathy and how to share. They are thriving! They are such blessings here. More about each of the soon.

I have been told by parents ahead of me on this grief walk that the second year is harder than the first. I get that. The pain is just as fresh and real to me today as it was last year, but the world around you spins on and people forget. It is so important to us to not gloss over her. She is real and a part of us. Meeting new people is impossibly hard and I probably scare most of them away, but I'm not leaving her out. She is my treasured daughter, just like my daughters you can see. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we continue to grieve and plod through this life while longing for our future reunion with every breath we take.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I am SO happy to hear you guys are adjusting well. You are in my thoughts often, and I will pray for you as handle your grief amidst the whirlwind of life. We are still waiting on "The List" to expand. It's very hard to wait, but we're hoping for good news soon.

    Tonya
    www.whatitmeans2beheld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all. We are quickly approaching the two year anniversary of Laynee's accident and I have to agree with the other parents. The pain becomes more deeply rooted in this second year. The support and prayers of many begins to wane, people move on with their life yet still we remain in this place of unspeakable pain. The shock is gone, leaving us with raw brokenness. I have come to the realization that I will hurt for the rest of my life and that reality is overwhelming. I rejoice with you in your adoption. We tried so hard to be able to rescue a child from Eastern Europe but have not been granted permission due to the nature of Laynee's death. A sharp blow to our already wounded hearts. Blessings to you and your lovely family.
    Karol
    www.lovinglaynee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete