Sunday, May 8, 2011

On the ground...Europe I have missed you

After a long day of traveling (or day and a half-not sure how that works with the 8 hour difference) we are finally here. On the ground. In the same country where my children live. We are finally now in an apartment with wi-fi. Sorry for the delay in posting. What can I say? It has been an interesting weekend. Eli did great. Slept on 3 out of 3 flights. We were as comfortable as can be for flying that long and all our luggage made it. Success!

We were met at the airport by an intelligent, history-loving driver. Because of some issues with our apartment, we actually spent the evening in his family's summer cottage while his mother talked to us in rapid Russian fully expecting we were understanding. Ha! The cottage was adorable and surrounded by beautiful blooming trees. We were treated to a tour of the local village and schooled in local history. My kind of evening. Michael was still recovering from jet lag and the local driving including a tendency to stop and turn off the car in the middle of a busy road to answer a phone. Nathan has been anxious for wi-fi but is going with the flow very well.

Now we are back in the capital in a very modern comfortable apartment. I can almost see mcdonald's from here.

Europe I have missed you and all your quirkiness. We are trying to soak up as much of our children's culture and heritage as we can. I love the pride in the people. There is much here that reminds us of England, but there are elements that are definitely distinct to this country. The countryside is beautiful with blooming trees everywhere. We will be here for a few days and then we will travel by train to our city.

Please keep us and the details in your prayers. Our appointment is tomorrow at 11 our time, which is about 3 am central time. We are so excited to find out any details about our kids at that meeting and to find out exactly when we will take a train to meet them.

Today is victory day here. Victory day celebrates the liberation of Europe at the end of World War II. Most european countries still consider this day a very important day in their calendar. I hear there will be a big parade in the city today but we have no clue how to find it right now so I think we might settle for a nap and a walk instead.

Sorry this jumps all over the place. I have tried to put snippets down along the way and want to catch you all up. Email me or post here. I would love to hear from you all. I can't text here or call, but I will be checking email frequently. I will post pictures soon!

6 comments:

  1. Brandy, Thanks for these updates! Love to hear about your trip and can just picture you all there. :) Praying for all the things you mentioned. Keep us posted! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my eyes swell with tears and my heart with gratitude thinking of you safe and soaking up the culture of your children's birth. praying for you! Can't wait to see you with the new members of your sweet family! ((hugs))jen in al

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! Success! God has been your path clearer all the way to this point and held the enemy at bay. I don't doubt He will continue to clear the way for you. I am super, super excited for you. I would be jumping up and down and hugging you at this point if I was right in front of you :) I love that you are soaking it all in. How wonderful to enjoy the blessings of God around you without rushing through them. You sure are good at doing that. I can learn that from you and I am already. Thanks friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been waiting not so patiently for updates! I ate all this up, loving all of it. I'm so glad the prayers for a successful journey there were answered! I'm so thankful. Praying more and anxiously waiting for more updates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you even KNOW how excited *I* am for you!!??? HOLY COW!! Oh, I can't wait till you get to region, and meet the kiddos, and Marina, and Roman, and, and, and... !!! Enjoy your time in the big city (well, the city where the kids are is pretty big too actually)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayng, praying!! So excited about this journey for you and your sweet family. Thank you for the posts and updates! Praying John 6:16.... You are walking with the Lord whose feet stood firm on the wave. Keep your eyes fixed on Him. What is a court date? What are visas? To HIM??? Oh, they are but mere waves to be walked over. He has given you all authority and power to bring your sweet children home, in His NAME, Jesus.

    Love you!!
    Cristy

    ReplyDelete