Friday, May 20, 2011

They are ours!

We passed court! The experience was a little nerve wracking but God is continually amazing me on this journey. Even on the way to court, our driver happen to tell us the name of one of the roads we turned down-in English-trust avenue. Ok God, I'm listening. We had court in the judge's chambers. It was hot and a little overwhelming, but an actual court room would have been worse. Thanks for that little mercy. There were lots of questions and we really had to assure all involved that we do in fact want these sweet children. They were very thorough and concerned with the welfare of the kids. I can really appreciate that although it was stressful. It was so bittersweet listening to the testimony. We listened to them again and again saying these kids had nothing, no one. That they had never had a single visitor. That they have no family. They have no legacy. No possessions. No one wanted them. Malachi was actually named after the street he was found on as an infant and his birthdate was assigned to him by the state. My heart broke again and again. But then to hear the orphanage workers talk about how happy the kids were with us. To listen to testimony after testimony saying that our adoption was in their best interest. There were no objections. The kids would thrive with us. Praise God! Yes they will. They are loved now beyond their wildest dreams. They have brothers and sisters, grandparents, friends, a home, love, happiness, and a family. All that nothing had been before. Now God had united us in this journey and all we have is theirs. They are wanted. Needed. Loved. Praise God for the beautiful gift of adoption and love that he has given to families. Thank you for my newest 2 blessings. Born in my heart and forever united with my family. By birth order they are 4 and 5. By order of being part of us theynare 6 and 7. Irina Grace Dahlen and Artyom Malachi Dahlen welcome home!

33 comments:

  1. This makes me so happy! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cying my happy eyes out right now. congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kate, we should have a party and cry together! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :') welcome home sweet children!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God!! What an awesome post to wake up to today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOHOOOO!!!! SO happy for you!!! God is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soo Happy for your family!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Kate - tears in my eyes and so glad that you showed up to love them forever, and that everyone involved saw and honored that love. I don't know if my sister has hooked you up with APAC (Alabama Post Adoption Connections), or if you've already connected with UAB's International Adoption Clinic, but both are invaluable local resources to offer tried-and-true support for the many levels of transition once you get home. Blessings to all. .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bawling my eyes out over here, so flippin' happy (and a little jealous) for you and those sweet babies. I can't wait to meet them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How unbelievably awesome! What wonderful news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. God is sooo good! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praise the Lord! There is nothing else I can say!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! That is the best news I've heard in a long, long time.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY!!!Congrats Brandy and Michael!! I am SO happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your new additions!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Praising God with you! So happy for your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So very excited to read this! I was awake at 4 am with you all on my mind, praying for your court today, the judge and everyone involved. God is good! So many prayers answered!!! Little lives changed, a family grown by two, and more love than these sweet children could have ever imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! So thrilled for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!!!! :) They are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Words can not begin to express the joy and elation I am filled with after hearing this wonderful news! I praise God once again as he shows his faith in us as he walks beside us, showing his patience, love and strength through whatever trial is before us! Brandy, you are a true friend and I am thankful for such a person in my life....blessed travels and prayers for safe return.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay! Congratulations to you and them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Rebecca Jolley KoenigMay 20, 2011 at 9:05 PM

    I love it when God's plans come together! Congrats and thank you for letting us fallow along!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't even know you but I'm a blubbering mess! Thanks for sharing your court experience. We're waiting for a court date right now to bring to little ones home (same SN). Can't wait to see their pics on your sidebar with your other sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
  24. YAY!!! That went really quickly! Im sure it doesnt seem so because you are missing the littles but im encouraged by what I see from here, you guys did great! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  25. We can't wait to meet our new niece and nephew and cousins. Love you guys.

    Buddy

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is wonderful!!! I am so excited for your family! It makes me so eager to get our twins home!!! I just know that God must be smiling too. :-)
    Cynthia
    http://www.adreamadoption.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Praising Him for your two new children! Congratulations! ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  28. cmon!!! update me!!!!! pictures!

    ReplyDelete