Saturday, November 13, 2010

My passionate one

Abigail is a spunky little girl (I refuse to use past tense--she IS a spunky girl). She always knows what she wants. A friend visited this week that used to watch Abigail while I taught at co-op. She knew my baby girl's passionate side well. She told me about one day at co-op. The big kids were headed outside playing and the little ones were staying in. Abigail definitely qualified as a little one--both in age and stature. However, when the big kids were headed out, she thought she should go too. She, in fact, was so positive she should go that she proceeded to through a full-fledged fit to emphasize her point to the sweet ladies watching the kids that day. The other ladies were quick to tell my friend that "Abigail is different. Yes, she is a little one, but we let her out with the big kids." (they must have already learned the consequences) She thought she was one of them afterall. She was independent and fully capable of handling herself on the playground--at least, so she thought. My friend also told me about my sweet little momma Anna Faith who would follow Abigail around--at just the right distance to not upset her--to make sure she didn't hurt herself. The two of them are polar opposites, but make the best team. Such a treasure--such a vivid memory--such a perfect picture of my little bit's passion.


Abigail, I miss your fits. I miss the way you would lay yourself on the ground kicking and screaming until you thought we weren't watching you, and the way you would reposition yourself to where you knew you were seen. I miss our daily battle of wills (which you usually won). I miss your zest for life--singing twinkle twinkle or shake your booty as loud as you can in the car, impromptu performances on the fireplace, waving bye to me at the door as you thought you were headed out on your own...I don't have a fraction of the fire you have my baby girl, but I am trying. I am trying because I know you would keep me moving if you were here.

5 comments:

  1. whenever i read about her i regret so much that we haven't met yet. i want to know that spirit first hand so badly. she sounds like just my kind of girl. i hate hate that you are missing that fire from your life. i can't wait till i finally get to see that dimple in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Brandy. Thank you for sharing this piece of Abigail's life. I love hearing about her. I just wish so badly that she was here and could play with Lily. I can totally imagine them on the playground together having battle of the wills. They could have been such best friends. I hate that she is not here...thank you for your words about her, they make it feel like she is still here. Keep sharing her life like this, it is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your determination to live life as though she is right beside you...leading you through this storm. She is a spunky spit-fire child that is not forgotten and you will be known by those who know her as "Abigail"s mom. I have the blessing of knowing her and sense her presence so much in each one of your children. Just as my "spit-fire" shapes my days, I can see you as one who loves her so much. Thank you for sharing another part of who she is to you and yours♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, and I can totally see how she would be the one to be allowed to go out with the big kids. What an amazing, unique, special little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could of had the opportunity to meet her, she sounds like such an amazing child! one that my son would of loved! I wish you didn't have the feel the heartbreak and the pain you feel! you are an amazing, strong mama!

    ReplyDelete