Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Show Hope




I have so many things to say about the concert Sunday, but also so many things I am still processing. What I want to talk about today though, is the Chapman's organization Show Hope. I can not say enough about how much this ministry inspires me. First of all--love the name. Hope is a favorite word of my after my Abigail Hope. Second, adoption is an issue close to my heart. As those that know me know well, we have always known at some point we will adopt. This ministry helps orphans throughout the world, but also helps want-to-be adoptive families find funds. Finally, this ministry, and the love they pour into it, is a sign that tragedy has not defeated the Chapmans. Instead of allowing their Maria Sue's legacy to be one of destruction and anger, they choose to make her legacy one of hope, love, and passion. They are truly passionate about their work. What a beautiful story Maria Sue is now a part of. She isn't the cause of her family falling apart, but rather the inspiration behind their helping so many. This is my heart's desire for my Abigail. Her story is not her death and our destruction. Although I want to fall apart most of the time (and do frequently), I choose to give her a different story. A story of hope and love. A story of beauty from the ashes. A story where we don't end in destruction, but rather we share her love of life and passion with others. More to come in the days ahead about where my little spit-fire is leading us. For now, check out the Chapman's love ministry. Get involved. There are so many hurting in the world. Dare to take a step outside of yourself.

http://www.showhope.org/

3 comments:

  1. :) :) :) :)

    I am so glad to read this- "Her story is not her death and our destruction. Although I want to fall apart most of the time (and do frequently), I choose to give her a different story. A story of hope and love."

    Praise God!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful legacy ms abigail has left behind. she is lucky to have such a wonderful loving family. i know she is proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! The legacy that will live on, is one of passion, never-ending love, and a fire that never goes out! God spoke of this many times and I see something wonderful coming from such a place of pain. You are so honest and I think that will be something that those who need it can relate to. I am so glad you are taking this pain and turning it into a thing of beauty. I so look up to you with such a love and admiration, but since such a trial, I see the love that never dies and a heart that never stops and it brings me to my knees to pray that God can use such devotion for His glory.

    Prayers and hope always, dear friend♥

    ReplyDelete