Monday, January 10, 2011

Bead For Life


We are hosting a beading party with Bead for Life. This fantastic organization offers handmade beaded jewelry made by women in Uganda. According to their website, "BeadforLife eradicates extreme poverty by creating bridges of understanding between impoverished Africans and concerned world citizens. Ugandan women turn colorful recycled paper into beautiful beads. Women in Northern Uganda gather shea nuts and press them into shea butter for cosmetics and soaps. And people who care open their hearts,homes and communities to buy and sell both products.
The beads and shea butter become income, food, medicine, school fees and hope. It is a small miracle that enriches us all." We are so excited to help this organization out and at the same time fundraise to make a very real difference in the life of two children.

So...save the date! January 30th from 2-4 will be the date of our "party." Come and go as you like between those times and purchse some beautiful pieces. I will also post pics of some pieces on my blog as I get them in closer to the date of the party. I will be happy to ship your jewelry to you if you are not local.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome, Brandy! Can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh!!! I LOVE these beads! Is this going to be a local party or online?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am coming and so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christi-It will be local at my house, but you can also shop over my blog. I will put up pics of pieces as soon as they come in. You can come day of to my house too.

    ReplyDelete